Hostnet OpenStack Cloud network creation
From Hostnet Wiki
First of all you have to create a network:
- Choose "Create Network".
- Enter a new network name, than click on "Subnet".
- "Subnet" section insert subnet name, and specify a private network address. We suggest to choose address from RFC 1918
- After establishing a network you need to create a virtual router that will work as an intermediary between a private network and the public network.
- Enter virtual router name and choose the external network name. In most cases this will be one and the same - "Hostnet Public Network".
- After setting up router you need to add previously created private network router.
- Into new router section "Interfaces", add a new interface.
- Into Interface window, choose the previously created subnetwork and press "Submit".